Welcome to Elaria Ragnarok Online

Dear adventurer, 
please register on our forum to gain access to all of our features!
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to our community. :lv: 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nihad

[Nihad] I'm Still Alive

3 posts in this topic

NXaVmJQ.gif

Dear adventurer,
So a lot of people have been asking about where I have been. Read more if you are interested!

I'm actually still putting time into the server, it's just more prioritized since I do not have as much time as I did before.
I pretty much have Daifu make me a list of things I need to code or resolve and I take care of those things as I get the opportunity.
I have also been taking any chances I get to teach Daifu how to take care of some of my responsibilities so that the players do not suffer too much.
As to why has my time on Elaria changed so much, this was understood even before we started working on Elaria Woon Reloaded.

The reason I refused to work on any projects is because I knew this time would come, but I decided to work on Elaria because it seemed like an opportunity too good to pass up and there were delays in my plans in real life.
As many of you know I have been a martial arts instructor for years but a few years ago I moved back to Bosnia.
This freed up my time a lot and allowed me to focus on Woon. However the martial arts never really left my life, I continued to train on my own and stayed in touch with my students as well as instructors. 

At the start of 2016 I started making plans to open up my own school and raise my own team from scratch.
The laws and regulations in Bosnia are a bit sketchy so that process took way longer than expected, but it allowed me to jump in on this amazingly entertaining project. Anyway the last few weeks have been crazy, I had to finish all of the paperwork before the end of the year since laws were changing, otherwise I would have to restart the entire process, and I had no intention of postponing for yet another year. So I somehow managed to get everything done.
Right after new years I started marketing and promotions, getting all the equipment and figuring out the logistics. It's quite a big task launching any business from scratch.

I'm finally at the end of my year long journey and am about to step foot into unknown territory.
Registrations start in less than 24 hours and then classes start on the 16th of Jan. As you can imagine there are still tons of things to do and not enough time to do them all. I have an interview scheduled tomorrow at a t.v. station and and more interviews throughout the week.
Needless to say I have fully invested my self into this and I am as nervous as I am excited. So that's what's been going on, what's the plan from here?

This and next week will be insanity basically, it's the first 2 weeks.
I will however try to find time to address some of the bigger and more complicated coding tasks for Elaria.
After these 2 weeks I feel I should get on a regular schedule and the swing of things and should be able to put time into Elaria on a regular basis. I don't think I will ever have as much time as I did at the start of this project. However that's where prioritizing comes into play.
Rather than using my time to chat on discord with players and mess around in game, GMs will fill those roles.
I will use my time to keep the server progressing in terms of development and planning. Daifu and I are still in touch throughout the day so I am still well aware of everything that is going on. 

I know I have a lot of unanswered messages at the moment, but I will get to them as soon as I have some free time.
If it's urgent it would be better to get in touch with one of the other staff, however if you can wait a few days for a reply then as always feel free to send me a message. Good night and see you all soon. 

9 people like this

It's alright Nihad <3 You go ahead and build up your school in the end it will be the source that pays your bills and anyone should understand that this has priority.
I think we showed that even though you're busy and I was busy we still managed to do good updates. With the new active staff members we hired things will be smoother! 

Don't worry about it Nihad. We still love you here and we all know that sometimes real life gets in the way of being able to play. Good luck with the dojo. I hope everything works out. And I hope to see you in game from time to time like you're promising. Daifuku, myself and the other staff members will hold down the fort while you take care of you. Until then, GGWP GLHF

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0